Sure Jute Thick Matting is made from 100% natural jute fibres. Sure Jute Thick Matting is a robust material used for weed and erosion control, jute matting acts as a layer of mulch providing weed suppression and moisture retention to enhance plant establishment whilst protecting the top layer of soil from erosion. When used in conjunction with our installation sheet, this product will last in the field between 8 – 18 months dependent on environmental conditions.
Sure Jute Thick Matting (Non-Slitted) – SKU: EC-JTM18325P-SH1
• Dimensions – Width: 1.8m x Length of roll: 25m; covers 45.7 m2 x Weight: 35 kg
• Material – 100% natural jute fibres.
• Thickness – 770GSM scrim on inside of matting
• Non Slitted Plain
• Life Expectancy – Will degrade over a 8 – 18 month period dependent on environmental conditions.
Features & Benefits
• Halts Erosion – Exposed soils are protected with biodegradable Sure Jute Thick Matting, providing erosion control for up to 18 months.
• Mulches – Sure Jute Thick Matting acts as a roll-on mulch, adding organic matter to the soil as it breaks down. Suppresses most weeds whilst planted vegetation is establishing.
• Retains Moisture – Sure Jute Thick Matting greatly reduces moisture loss due to evaporation, and conforms to the contours of the ground.
• 100% Natural Fibre – Sure Jute Thick Matting is made from 100% jute fibres and contains no plastic meshes and will not entangle wildlife or machinery.
• Other Features – Reduces heat absorption, helping to protect plants. Flexible and strong when being laid.
A natural mulch mat for weed and erosion control, used by contractors for various works including:
• Slopes up to 1:1 grades
• Garden and revegetating beds
• Wetlands and riparian batters
• Coastal and high-wind sites
Please read the installation guide for Sure Jute Matting.
• Used in conjunction with Cobber Gun Fastening Pins (FPIN-PINCOBBER150-SH1; FPIN-PINCOBBER200-SH1) or Standard Manual Fastening Pins (FP-PIN15-SH1; FP-PIN20-SH1; FP-PIN30)
• Ensure correct pinning ratio and overlapping of matting. Sure Gro Tree Max advises using 3-4 pins per m2 to fasten the material. • Lay Sure Jute Thick Matting with 2 or more people.
• Sure Gro Tree Max recommends using a Cobber Pin Gun and pins to fasten the Jute matting for best practise and OH&S compliance. • When laying Sure Jute in areas prone to high water flow events, please consider additional synthetic products to further assist in preventing erosion. • Caution advised where fire is a risk. Please ask Sure Gro Tree Max staff for expert field tips and fire retardant options.