Sure Jute Thick Matting is a robust material used for weed and erosion control, jute matting acts as a layer of mulch providing weed suppression and moisture retention to enhance plant establishment whilst protecting the top layer of soil from erosion. Sure Jute Thick Matting is made from 100% natural jute fibres. This variety of Jute matting contains 6 slits per square metre to allow for plants to grow through the material. When used in conjuntion with our installation sheet, this product will last in the field between 8 – 18 months dependent on environmental conditions.
Sure Jute Thick Matting (6 Slit) – SKU: EC-JTM18325S6-SH1
• Dimensions – Width: 1.8m x Length of roll: 25m; covers 45.7 m2 x Weight: 35 kg
• Material – 100% natural jute fibres.
• Thickness – 770GSM scrim on inside of matting
• 6 Slits per square metre
• Life Expectancy – Will degrade over a 8 – 18 month period dependent on environmental conditions.
Features & Benefits
• Halts Erosion – Exposed soils are protected with biodegradable Sure Jute Thick Matting, providing erosion control for up to 18 months.
• Mulches – Sure Jute Thick Matting acts as a roll-on mulch, adding organic matter to the soil as it breaks down. Suppresses most weeds whilst planted vegetation is establishing.
• Retains Moisture – Sure Jute Thick Matting greatly reduces moisture loss due to evaporation, and conforms to the contours of the ground.
• 100% Natural Fibre – Sure Jute Thick Matting is made from 100% jute fibres and contains no plastic meshes and will not entangle wildlife or machinery.
• Other Features – Reduces heat absorption, helping to protect plants. Flexible and strong when being laid.
A natural mulch mat for weed and erosion control, used by contractors for various works including:
• Slopes up to 1:1 grades
• Garden and revegetating beds
• Wetlands and riparian batters
• Coastal and high-wind sites
Please read the installation guide for Sure Jute Matting.
• Used in conjunction with Cobber Gun Fastening Pins (FPIN-PINCOBBER150-SH1; FPIN-PINCOBBER200-SH1) or Standard Manual Fastening Pins (FP-PIN15-SH1; FP-PIN20-SH1; FP-PIN30)
• Ensure correct pinning ratio and overlapping of matting. Sure Gro Tree Max advises using 3-4 pins per m2 to fasten the material.
• Lay Sure Jute Thick Matting with 2 or more people.
• Sure Gro Tree Max recommends using a Cobber Pin Gun and pins to fasten the Jute matting for best practise and OH&S compliance.
• When laying Sure Jute in areas prone to high water flow events, please consider additional synthetic products to further assist in preventing erosion.
• Caution advised where fire is a risk. Please ask Sure Gro Tree Max staff for expert field tips and fire retardant options.