Recycled Fibre Matting is a high density, needle punched matting. This matting comes with 5 slits per m2 to allow for vegetation to grow through whilst suppressing surrounding weeds. Used in various application to suppress weeds and to control soil erosion in water flow conditions. This product is made from recycled poly-cotton textiles making the material longer lasting than other erosion control mattings. This product is also used in areas that are prone to high temperatures and humidity as it is longer lasting that other materials which degrade quicker in tropical climates.
• Dimensions – W: 1.8m x L: 50m roll x (90m2) x Weight: 31 kg
• Material – Non woven; Needle punched; Recycled poly-cotton textiles
• Thickness – 350 GSM
• 5 Planting Slits per square metre
• Life Expectancy – Will degrade over a 18 – 24 month period dependant on environmental conditions.
Features & Benefits
• Prevents erosion: protects soil surface from erosion by wind and water.
• Weed suppression and moisture retention: Recycled Fibres darker colour assists in suppressing more weeds compared to other mattings due to its darker colour. Recycled Fibre will suppress most weeds and assist in soil moisture retention for up to 3 years, assisting in plant establishment and growth.
• Better longevitiy due to synthetic poly component in matting
• Used and trusted in areas of high heat and humidity
Recycled Fibre matting will give you longer-lasting weed and erosion control mulch matting for:
• Channels and swail drains
• Riparian batters
• Steep batters
• Tropical climates
• Garden and revegetation beds
• Coastal and high-wind sites
• Roadside and general landscaping
• Under mulch
• Used in conjunction with Cobber Gun Fastening Pins (FPIN-PINCOBBER150-SH1; FPIN-PINCOBBER200-SH1) or Standard Manual Fastening Pins (FP-PIN15-SH1; FP-PIN20-SH1; FP-PIN30)
• Ensure correct pinning ratio and overlapping of matting. Sure Gro Tree Max advises using 3-4 pins per m2 to fasten the material.
• Recycled Fibre Matting with 2 or more people.
• Sure Gro Tree Max recommends using a Cobber Pin Gun and pins to fasten the Jute matting for best practice and OH&S compliance.
• When laying SureMax Recycled Fibre Matting in areas prone to high water flow events, please consider additional synthetic products to further assist in preventing erosion.