Multiguard® is a unique patented snail and slug killer containing Iron EDTA as the active ingredient. For the Control of Certain Snails in Vineyards, Vegetables, Strawberries and Citrus Orchards and for the Control of Slugs in a Range of Agricultural and Horticultural Situations. Multiguard® is a bran-based, rust coloured pellet that’s applied in exactly the same way as ordinary slug and snail pellets. Unlike ordinary pellets though, this Snail and Slug Killer it contains a revolutionary new active ingredient called Iron EDTA Complex.
This is a substance we come across in everyday life: as a food additive to prevent rancidity, in medicine to treat anaemia, and as a trace element in fertiliser. Despite its benefits to humans however, Iron EDTA Complex is a deadly stomach poison to slugs and snails. Slugs and snails find Multiguard® highly attractive and consume the pellets in preference to nearby plants. Once they’ve eaten, they lose their appetites and head off home to die – quickly and without trace. Shells are seldom found after treatment with Multiguard®
• 20 kg bag • 60g/kg Iron EDTA Complex • Pellet form
Features & Benefits
• Long lasting pellets • Rapid acting – Kills more rapidly than other baits • Low risk to domestic pets, dogs, cats, native birds & lizards, when used as directed on packaging.
• Eco-friendly as breaks down as nutrients for soil & plants • Harmless to earth worms and beneficial insects.
• 1kg treats 200 square metres
Used across Agriculture, Horticulture, Revegetation, Landscaping and Home Gardens Multiguard has been shown to be very effective on:
• Common garden snail [Helix aspersa]
• White Italian snail [Theba pisana]
• Vineyard or common white snail [Cernuella virgata]
• Conical or small pointed snail [Cochlicella Barbara]
• Conical or long pointed snail [Cochlicella acuta]
• Small brown snail [Microxeromagna vesita]
• Grey field slug [Deroceras reticulatum]
• Traditionally slug and snail baits have contained either metaldehyde or methiocarb. The active ingredient in Multiguard® is quite different to these two chemicals. It’s unaffected by temperature and humidity and works exceptionally well in the cool, damp conditions slugs and snails love. They’re unable to recover in wet conditions as they sometimes can, after eating metaldehyde pellets. • Do not mix baits with fertilisers or other sprays as some substances are repulsive to snails and
slugs. Eg. lime or copper