Heavy Duty Root ‘Gard’ Barrier is a flexible High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) membrane that restricts unwanted and invasive root growth to pavements, roads, building foundations and buried installations. This product is thicker than the standard root barrier has a dimpled design and is made from recycled plastic. Furthermore its Uv stabiblised to provide the product with added strength and longevity. Root ‘Gard’ Barrier can be used as a tree root barrier or root control barrier for properties where large trees, shrubs and plants have been planted.
Heavy Duty Root ‘Gard’ Barrier 60cm SKU: RB-RB600HD-SH1
Material: Recycled Uv-stabilised polyethylene
Length: 50m roll
Features & Benefits
• Durable, easy to cut and install.
• Dimpled design for added root diversion
• Added thickness for heavy duty applications
• Made from 90% recycled plastic.
• Uv-Stabilised high-density polyethylene ensures long-term protection.
• ‘Root Gard’ barrier is impenetrable to roots.
• Available in two grades of thickness
Used by landscapers and contractors to prevent root damage to:
• Paved areas
• Roadside curb and channel
• Parklands and council land
• Residential and commercial developments
• Golf Courses
• Retaining Walls
Ideal for other sub-surface uses, including pipe protection.
Root Gard can be used as a tree root barrier or root control barrier for properties where large trees, shrubs and plants have been planted.
Begin the trench by digging down, providing enough room for you to stand in while digging the deeper part of the trench. Leave a ‘step’ on one end so it’s easy for you to climb out. As you come across rocks, set them on the ground above, close to the trench since you’ll be throwing them back in when it’s time to backfill.
Before digging, set a tarp or ground cloth on the ground alongside the route you’re going to dig. As you shovel, pile the dirt on the tarp. This will make it easier to return all the soil to the trench as you fill it back in.