Earthcare Soil Wetter is a blend of an environmentally safe soil wetter, with liquid humates for longer lasting soil improvement. Soil Wetter remains active for several months (depending on weather conditions), but regular applications will aid in progressive soil improvement. Soil Wetter is an effective solution to water repellence in dry soils, making them easier to re-wet and so increasing water-use efficiency from either rainfall or irrigation. Its unique formulation ensures quicker wetting and re-wetting of hydrophobic soils as well as long term soil conditioning and improved water holding benefits.
Earthcare Soil Wetter works by breaking the surface tension created in hydrophobic soils and allows water to penetrate the soil, preventing run-off and increasing water-use efficiency. This also helps improve the soil water-holding capacity.
For more planting Wetting Agents
Use as per label instructions
Nitrogen: 0.04% w/v
Phosphorus: 0.002% w/v
Potassium: 0.7% w/v
Features & Benefits
• Improves water penetration in soils
• Increases water-use efficiency
• Maximises nutrient uptake
• Available in multiple sizes
• Able to be applied to Boom sprayers & Under-tree sprinklers; Drip or Micro-irrigation systems; Overhead sprinklers: Travelling or Pivot irrigators
Ideal for use for depleted or hydrophobic soils
Used by contractors, landscapers, private users and revegetation workers for application in:
• Re-vegetation farming
• Home gardens and residential complexes
• Golf courses, Parks and playgrounds
• Business, office and shopping complexes
• Landscaped areas
• Tree shelter belts
For turf, landscape, nursery and agricultural use
Use as per label instructions
Soil Wetter remains active for several months (depending on weather conditions), but regular applications will aid in progressive soil improvement.
• Boom sprayers & Under-tree sprinklers – For all types of spray equipment – Use the area normally covered by one tankful to detemine how much product to add 5-10L/ha
• Drip or Micro-irrigation systems – Use higher rates for lighter soils 5-10L/ha
• Overhead sprinklers: Travelling or Pivot irrigators ower rates on heavier soil (ie. The amount of concentrate needed per hectare of irrigated area for 10 mm of irrigation is 10L to 50L) 1L to 5L per mm of irrigation
Using Soil Wetter is simply a matter of spraying it onto the soil after cultivation or bed-forming to prepare the surface so that moisture from either rainfall or irrigation is readily absorbed. It is also highly effective when applied via spray or drip irrigation. Soil Wetter is not intended for foliar application, additional irrigation is advisable for any application that covers turf or foliage. For optimum effectiveness Soil Wetter should be applied prior to planting, after cultivation and bed-forming is completed. The application rate depends on the severity of moisture repellence in the soil and the depth of soil to be treated. For boom-spray application use 10L/ha, however, applications via overhead or travelling irrigators should be based on the amount of water being applied in order to properly treat the soil to the desired depth. For very hydrophobic soils it may be best to treat the surface with a boom-spray application before irrigating to treat a greater depth of the root-zone. Soil Wetter is filtered to 150 microns so that it is suitable for application with any conventional spray equipment including boom-sprays or irrigation equipment.