Coir Mesh Matting is an ideal material to control and prevent erosion whilst establishing new growth. Made from coconut husk fibre this product promotes the growth of new vegetation by retaining moisture and preventing the topsoil from drying and eroding. Coir Mesh Matting is a more robust material than jute and has added strength and durability. The product works by protecting slopes and allowing natural vegetation to establish and grow. Coir is a natural eco friendly fibre that biodegrades in the surrounding landscape over time. Life expectancy is dependant on site conditions and the amount of run off being exposed to the matting.
Material: Coir Coconut Husk/Fibre; open weave matting
Length: 25m roll (50m2)
Thickness: 700 or 900 GSM
A natural mat for erosion control, used by contractors for various works including:
• Slopes up to 1:1 grades
• Garden and revegetating beds
• Wetlands and riparian batters
• Coastal and high-wind sites
• Used in conjunction with Cobber Gun Fastening Pins (FPIN-PINCOBBER150-SH1; FPIN-PINCOBBER200-SH1) or Standard Manual Fastening Pins (FP-PIN15-SH1; FP-PIN20-SH1; FP-PIN30)
• Ensure correct pinning ratio and overlapping of matting. Sure Gro Tree Max advises using 3-4 pins per m2 to fasten the material.
• Lay Coir Mesh Matting with 2 or more people.
• Sure Gro Tree Max recommends using a Cobber Pin Gun and pins to fasten the matting for best practise and OH&S compliance.
• When laying Coir Mesh in areas prone to high water flow events, please consider additional synthetic products to further assist in preventing erosion.