Coir Log is a roll of coir, organic coconut fibre enclosed in a robust coir mesh. Coir Logs provide erosion and wave control structures in riparian zones, and sediment capture in drainage lines and swails. Coir Logs provide protection while vegetation establishes and takes over the long-term stabilisation. Sediment control is highly critical for preventing excess degraded silt from entering and effecting rivers and streams. These products are widely used by contractors and councils for bushfire recovery to prevent ash and sediment from negatively effecting river and stream ecosystems.
This product has a life expectancy for 3 years dependant on weather conditions. Coir Logs are an environmentally friendly alternative to hay bales and other synthetic products used for sediment control.
This product can be easily fastened with Hardwood Stakes
Dimensions – Length: 3 metres x Diameter: 300mm x Weight: 20 kg
Material – Coir Fibres enclosed in robust Coir Mesh
Life Expectancy – Up to 3 years depending on environmental conditions.
Features & Benefits
• Silt Retention – SureMax Coir Logs can be placed in swail drains, around gates, on steep slopes to collect slit, and used to slow water velocity, reducing erosion.
• River Bank Protection SureMax Coir Logs can be used in river channels, streams and creeks to help stabilise bank toes and provide structure to benching techniques.
• Long Term Stabilisation – SureMax Coir Logs can be stacked one on top of another to form a wall structure while vegetation establishes for long-term stabilisation.
• Stabilise Deep Batters – SureMax Coir Logs placed across a steep batter will greatly slow water velocity and reduce sediment movement down the slope.
• Biodegradable Coir – Made from 100% biodegradable and organic materials. Coir is the fibre obtained from the husks of coconuts.
• Cost Effective – Where appropriate, these are an inexpensive alternative to the use of rock armouring or gabion treatments.
For sediment entrapment, wave and wind protection of:
• River banks and toe protection
• Coastal wave erosion
• Wetland erosion
• Swail drains
• Steep batters and sand dunes
• Straw bale alternative
• Building sites
Talk to SureGro TreeMax staff for suitable applications and succesful installation techniques
• Securing Coir Log – Steel Hoop Pins 3-4 steel pins per linear meter.
• Hardwood Stakes 3-5 hardwood stakes per linear meter; for other securing options, ask Sure Gro Tree Max staff.